August 15, 2012

Dried Strawberries

I love Pinterest and looking for project and recipe ideas. This week I've done two projects off Pinterest ideas - one turned out great, and one spectacular fail.

Major fail - dried/dehydrated strawberries!

Mine after 3 hours
The idea is simple - 3 hours in a very low oven (210 degrees). Mine we still puffy after 3 hours. After 3.5 hours I cranked up the heat to 275 - I needed this to finish do I could get dinner in the oven! I gave up after 4.5 hours, my strawberries weren't dried out, the juice burned and my pan might be ruined. Yuck!

Here is the original link:
http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/recipes/dried-strawberries-ruscalleda/


How they were supposed to look:                                                         How mine looked:




                                                             













No comments:

Post a Comment