February 5, 2013

New furniture



kitchen table and chairs


Kitchen chair
Over the last couple months we've gone through the process of replacing our kitchen and dining room tables.    First we sold our kitchen table to some friends, and used our craft table from upstairs as an interim for awhile.  Kevin and i picked out two tables from Pottery Barn and watched for sales.  In December I was able to get the price I wanted on a new dining room table and matching china cabinet - replacing the set my parents got before I was born (they passed it on to me during college).  In January we used rewards from the dining set to purchase a beautiful round kitchen table. We hadn't ordered chairs for either table - we couldn't find anything we agreed on.  Over Christmas I went to an unfinished furniture store with Stacey and Cathy and we picked out kitchen chairs and benches for the dining room.  They were then stained to match the tables and I'm so happy with how they turned out.

dining table & bench
bench close-up


dining table details

No comments:

Post a Comment